- Media Advisories
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) Q&A WITH BROWNSVILLE MAYOR AND CITY OFFICIALS LIVE ON FACEBOOK
BROWNSVILLE, Texas (March 24, 2020) — City of Brownsville Mayor Trey Mendez and City Officials will be hosting two live Q&A sessions via City of Brownsville official Facebook page on Wednesday, March 25, 2020 to address COVID-19 concerns and questions our community and media partners may have.
The first Q&A session is scheduled from 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. for the community and the second Q&A session is scheduled from 11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for the media. Questions may be asked live in the comment area.
WHAT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Q&A with Brownsville Mayor and City Officials
WHO: Trey Mendez, Brownsville Mayor
Dr. Art Rodriguez, Brownsville Public Health Director
Felix Sauceda, Brownsville Police Chief
Jarrett Sheldon, Brownsville Fire Chief
Felipe Romero, Communications & Marketing Director
WHEN: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.
For more information on City of Brownsville efforts to slow the spread of coronavirus, go to https://btxcares.com/.
County Issues Mandatory Shelter in Place
Today, March 23rd, 2020, County Judge Trevino issued a Mandatory Order for Cameron County residents to shelter-in-place except for Essential Personnel Activities, to obtain medical Operations Services, to perform Essential Infrastructure Operations, to perform or access Essential Government Functions or to Operate Essential Business.
For more information visit this link or find the documents below.
- 4-3-2020 BROWNSVILLE TO RECEIVE CORONAVIRUS RECOVERY GRANTS
- 4.03.2020 Brownsville Metro COVID-19 Update_Schedule and Service Changes
- 4.03.2020 Brownsville Metro to Receive $7.6 Million from Federal Government for COVID-19 Response
- Brownsville Metro Departure Times COVID Schedule 040620
- MA 3 27 2020 City of Brownsville Confirms Two COVID-19 Cases
- PRESS RELEASE 3.24.2020 MANDATORY COUNTYWIDE SHELTER IN PLACE ORDER BEGINS WEDNESDAY
- PRESS RELEASE 3.24.2020 AMENDED DECLARATION OF LOCAL EMERGENCY
- MEDIA ADVISORY 3.24.2020 Coronavirus QA with Brownsville Mayor and City Officials
- Amended Declaration of Local Disaster for Public Health Emergency - 03-24-2020
- 2020 03 23 CDC, EPA- Agua potable es segura contra coronavirus (COVID-19)
- MEDIA ADVISORY 3.22.2020 UPDATE City of Brownsville Contracted Employee Tests Negative for COVID-19
- MEDIA ADVISORY 3.21.2020 The City of Brownsville Confirms the First Two COVID-19 Cases (1)
- MEDIA ADVISORY 3.21.2020 Think You Need COVID 19 Test.. Call First.dotx (2)
- MEDIA ADVISORY 3.20.2020 Notice from Brownsville City Manager to Employees
- Media Advisory-Bville Response to COVID-19 - 03-17-2020
- Declaration of Local Disaster - Signed 03-17-2020
- 03.17.2020 MEDIA ADVISORY Brownsville Metro Encourages Social Distancing on System and Adjusts Some Service
- 03.17.2020 MEDIA ADVISORY Brownsville Public Library Temporarily Closed As a Precaution to Help Limit the Spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 03.23.2020 Press Release- Third Supplemental Order and Mandatory Countywide Shelter in Place
- 03.23.2020 Third Supplemental Emergency Management Order with Countywide Shelter in Place
- 03.23.2020 Para la Liberacion Inmediata- Tercera Orden Obligatoria
- 03.20.2020 Press Release- Second Supplemental Orders and Recommendations
- 03.20.2020 Order- Second Supplemental Order and Recommendation
- 03.20.2020 Orden- Seguna Orden y Recomendacion Suplementaria
- 03.20.2020 Para La Liberacion Inmediata- Seguna Orden y Recomendacion Suplementaria